In this section
- Curriculum Statement
- Remote Education Provision
- Recovery & Catch-Up Curriculum
- 16 to 19 Tuition Fund 2021-2022 Academic Year
- Art, Design & Technology
- British Values
- Computing, Business & Economics
- Careers Statement
- Duke of Edinburgh Award
- House System
- Performing Arts
- Learning Support
- Personal, Social, Health & Citizenship Education (PSHCE)
- Sport, Health and Recreation
What is it and why do it?
The What Is?
Easy enough— AQA Philosophy is an A Level qualification awarded for successfully navigating four topics: Ethics, Mind, Knowledge and Religion.
The Why, though?
Well, that’s a more complex story.
We study Philosophy because we recognise its centrality to a proper liberal education. We depend upon Philosophy not to explain what things are, or how they work, or when they happened, but rather to fathom why they are important to us. Philosophy is not for everyone, but if you have a red-pill inclination, you can be assured that the world will never be dull again. The question is:
Are you a ‘why’ person?
See our links below for further information.