Examination Results Day Arrangements
In this section
- Remote Education Provision
- Recovery Curriculum
- COVID-19 Catch-Up Premium Grant 2020-2021
- KFS 16-19 Tuition Fund Statement
- Art, Design & Technology
- British Values
- Business Information Technology
- Curriculum Statement
- Careers Statement
- Duke of Edinburgh Award
- House System
- Performing & Expressive Arts
- Learning Support
- Mathematics and Economics
- Personal, Social, Health & Citizenship Education (PSHCE)
- Sport, Health and Recreation
Arrangements for Collection of Examination Results Summer 2021
Full details regarding the arrangements in place for the collection of A Level & GCSE results in August 2021, including the process of appeals, have been sent to all students and parents separately. An electronic copy of this communication can be accessed via the link at the bottom of the page as well as by clicking here.
Results Days - Tuesday 10th & Thursday 12th August 2021
This year, results will be released for each cohort on two specific days as outlined below:
- Advanced Level results are published on Tuesday 10th August 2021 8.30am - 4pm
- GCSE and equivalent results are published on Thursday 12th August 2021 8.30am - 4pm
On these days, students are invited in to collect their individual result slips in person and we very much hope that this will the case this year for the majority of students. On arrival, students will be provided with access to PPE, including hand sanitiser. Students should also wash or sanitise their hands regularly whilst on site for at least 20 seconds using soap and running water. Students are permitted and encouraged to wear face coverings whilst on the school site in communal areas. Where possible, social distancing should be maintained.
Specific Arrangements for Year 13 Students
- On the day of Year 13 results, Tuesday 10th August 2021, a student UCAS support service will be in operation in Conference Rooms 1 & 2 staffed by the Sixth Form team and online, for those students who wish to access it. Further details will be issued to students separately regarding this provision by Mr Ware, Head of Learning – Year 13. You can also reach the UCAS team via firstname.lastname@example.org
Specific Arrangements for Year 11 Students
- On the day of Year 11 results, Thursday 12th August 2021, once results have been collected, those students who wish to attend on-site 6th Form Enrolment which is taking place in the Atrium, will leave the Sports Hall via the Music School lobby entrance and proceed through the blue stairs entrance in to the Atrium. Further details regarding the arrangements for students who have been issued with a conditional offer of a place at Kingsdale’s 6th Form from September 2021 and wish to enrol, have been issued separately. This includes arrangements for online enrolment which is also taking place.
Any result slips not collected on the day will be sent by post. Where results cannot be collected in person, please complete the Collection of Results Form (please access via link below or click here) as we will require a signed letter of authorisation in advance from the candidate who permits the results to be given to a nominated person. Completed Collection of Results Forms should be emailed to email@example.com
Students who are unable to physically attend their results day can request that results are emailed to them on the day. Please complete the Collection of Results Form (please access via link below or click here). Please note that results can only be emailed to the registered school email address held for the student.
Further information regarding the new Autumn 2021 Exam Season will be available in due course.
Further Information to Support Students Recieving Examination Results in Summer 2021
We are aware that students may be understandably unsure about the process by which their examination grades were confirmed this year in light of the exceptional situation caused by the ongoing COVID-19 national emergency. Further details on the process used to determine both A Level & GCSE grades this year, can be located on our website by clicking here. This includes electronic copies of relevant communications previously issued.
On both 10th and 12th August 2021, school staff will be on hand to assist and support students with any queries they might have regarding their results and the next steps that they can take should they have any queries or concerns.
Specific information regarding post examination processes has been issued separately and will again be issued to students on the day. Any post-results queries, including those relating to the appeals process can be directed to the Examinations Officer, Ms E Klingler, via firstname.lastname@example.org Further information is also available here.
DfE Information Sheet - Access the Department for Education guidelines on the awarding of A Level & GCSE 2021 grades here.
Ofqual Information Sheet - Student Guide to 2021 Qualifications - Access this document here.
Ofqual - Summer 2021 Examination Results Explainer Tool - Access this resource here.
Ofqual - Student Guide to 2021 Appeals - Access this document here.
Queries may be addressed to Ms E Klingler, Examinations Officer via email@example.com